Alejandro and Juan dropped us off at the bus station; we stored our luggage, and we still had a few hours before our bus was leaving to go back to Buenos Aires. So, we walked to Plaza Independencia, which was quite large and very nice. It was a large park with lots of trees, wide stone-paved walkways, vendors selling delicious smelling candied nuts and kettle corn, and the occasional fountain or stature. As I said, it was warm and sunny so we could walk around in shirts and jeans (and get some much-needed Vitamin D), and the park was full of couples, families and groups of friends enjoying the unseasonably beautiful weather. There was also a book fair going on in a cultural center/theater in the middle of the park which was attracting packs of mothers with elementary school-age kids. There was also a huge fountain doing a water show near this cultural center, and while Lindsay went to find a bathroom, I laid down in the sun on the grass, using my purse as a pillow and watched the fountain. One of the many stray dogs in the park ran over to me and started snuggling me, so I played with her, making sure to keep my delicious candied almonds safe.
When the time came, Lindsay and I started walking back to the bus station, stopping by at a place called Mr. Dog for a choripan (chorizo on bread, a very common and delicious food in Argentina). An hour or so later we were getting on the bus, which was equipped with both WiFi and individual seat TVs, color me impressed. Again, I slept for most of the 14 hour ride, and when we stopped for breakfast of coffee/tea and pastries (much tastier pastries than on our trip here) around 9am, I was pretty groggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment